Thursday, August 02, 2007

The middle of the night

It's about 3am, and a couple hours ago when I found myself headed towards another sleepless night, I took my blood sugar. It was a little low, I was a little hungry and without anything except a little chocolate, so I went out and found an obliging 24-hour Del Taco and indulged in a healthy burrito and a chocolate shake. I've just finished that and took a 2nd Sonata, so in about a half hour, I'll try sleeping again and see what happens. Wish me luck, though of course, I hope you're all asleep. :)

6 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

So, did the food help? It sounds yummy. If we were closer, I'd join you in excursions like that. As it happens I was awake at 3:00 a.m. but managed to get back to sleep soon. Please let us know how your dr. appt. goes today.

Tracy said...

He cancelled it. They wanted blood work and he needs to be fasting for it and he can't fast until the afternoon and still do well in the morning. He is rescheduling for a firt thing in the morning appointment. I want him to talk to Pesvner about the blood sugar thing but he doesn't think that Pevsner will talk to him without blood work and I guess I agree with that.

Lewis said...

This plan worked out well. I was able to get to sleep and stay there till just before 7am. I guess I'm going to have to keep a supply of something in my room so I don't have to travel in the middle of the night.

I'm going to do the Pevsner appt later on, though I don't know when.

Big marketing meeting today...wish me luck.

silleeg said...

Glad the trick worked! Nothing like sleeping well!

Mom and Dad said...

How did the marketing meeting go?

alwayshot said...

Some of those names are nieces and nephews. Jen has 2 sisters and 4 brothers.