Friday, December 28, 2007

Tragic news

Today we received an email from a friend who told us about a tragedy that has struck some other dear friends. We met them when my kids were all of 8 and under and lived a block a part for 9 years. Their kids were the same age as mine and so we did a bunch of things together. Three of her 5 and three of mine were all best friends. (Jason and Daniel, Jade and Lauren and Alex and Jonathan) They went to a soccer meet down in Orange County on Nov 23rd and returned to find their house in ashes. It was an electrical fire and they lost everything they owned except what they had with them at the meet and in the car at that time. Can you imagine? I can't. I am just heartsick about it.

Melissa, the friend who told me about it said that the community has been incredible at helping them out and seeing that they got back on their feet and had a good Christmas. Their homeowners is paying for their house rental and they are in a house that is bigger than the one they owned. LOL. She said they don't have a hard line phone anymore and I don't have their cell numbers so she is getting them for me.

I am so grateful for the roof over my head and the dishes in my sink and the pile of laundry awaiting me in the mud room. I will try to realize what a blessing these things are more often.

No comments: