Friday, December 07, 2007

Just need to thank Shelley for her wonderful support

As I said earlier, me and mine are trying to eat healthier. I am trying to lose weight, Caitlin is too. Not sure if anyone else if dieting. Jon and Daniel are going along very unethusiastically. LOL. I made extra lean pork tenderloin for dinner with steamed veggies and brown rice (I burned the rice). The pork and veggies were delicious. My rice was still hard after most of the chicken broth had been absorbed so after consulting my "weight loss authority = Shelley) I added more liquid and put it back on the stove, only to forget about it and burn it. Yikes, it tasted good but was just hard, such a waste. Sigh. I bought a bunch of fresh fruit for the kids to eat when they are in munch mode instead of junk and have told them no junk is allowed in the house. I am cooking with splenda and splenda brown sugar as well as no sodium flavorings (Mrs Dash). It should be interesting. Caitlin ate her pork and a few veggies, noone else ate more than a taste of everything. Guess they will be more enthusiastic about breakfast? Lauren just got home from work so we will see how she likes it.

1 comment:

silleeg said...

Wow, good job with the healthy eating and good luck!