Friday, March 31, 2006

Excited

I am excited about going to Pennsylvania. I spoke with my father last night and he sounds so good. He has come so far since last fall when he almost died. We were all very skeptical that he would live to see this anniversary much less the party.

Much to my surprise but delight, Daniel has decided to go and has bought himself a plane ticket. He will join us on Thursday and fly home with us on Tuesday.

We are taking one day to see NY. We have enjoyed our mini excursions but I "HATE" driving in Manhattan. I want to see all the sites ( I have seen them during my high school years) as I don't recall much. We will be going on an actual 5 1/2 hr tour that hits all the big sites and ends at the top of the Empire State Building. Woo hooooooo. From there we will go east a few blocks and spend an hour or two on the Intrepid, that is the air craft carrier that sits on the Hudson and now also hosts a British Airways Concorde. That will be the extent of our NY adventure.

The day we go to pick Daniel up we will also check out a college with Lauren down in Philiadelphia.

Layne I wish we could get down to say Hi to you, but it will have to be another trip.

3 comments:

silleeg said...

How exciting! When do you leave for this adventure? I enjoyed the times Derrick and I have gone back East. Haven't toured around to see much other than Boston and Maine, but it is very beautiful!

Glad your dad is doing so well.

Tracy said...

Hi Rebecca,
Lauren, James and myself are all leaving Tuesday afternoon. Daniel will join us on Thursday and then we call come back the following Tuesday. I hope the weather cooperates. Its supposed to be cool (high 50's to low 60's). But they are also calling for some showers.

Stefley said...

We were just in New York in May and it was awesome! I can't wait for Jason and me to go back because we only spent a day there also and we didn't get to do everything we wanted to!